Sunday 4 January 2015

Be Passion-filled




 
 Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping… waiting… and though unwanted… unbidden… it will stir… open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us… guides us… passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have?  

 Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love… the clarity of hatred… and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. 



If we could live without passion maybe we’d know some kind of peace… but we would be hollow… Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we’d be truly dead.
~ Joss Whedon, Screenwriter and Director

 
Another year complete, another year begins.

Last year’s New Year blog identified an excited energy I’d had around the year to come; needing it to be fantastic, with an expectation that certain things may finally start to fall into place. In truth there were many moments from 2014 that I am gladly leaving behind. But there are many other breathless experiences and memories that I am looking forward to remembering, continuing and growing as 2015 unfolds!


And in doing so, this year ~ I want to Be Passion-filled!


I want to give way to the passion that is stirring inside me, that I have sometimes let leak out in small or big doses, and to let it guide me ~
 
          guide me to opportunities to be vulnerable,

                         
…to moments measured with breathlessness,

                                
…to spaces that are filled with even more passion.


I want to be passion-filled about the things that are truly important; the things that truly matter.

I want to be passion-filled about my relationships.
I want to be passion-filled about my career.
I want to be passion-filled about ME.


So here I grow again... looking forward with fear and excitment to all I may see, do, and experience in the 12 months ahead.


~ Rosa Nochette Carey

No comments: